Matt Gaulke is the Vice President of Mortgage Origination with Great Midwest Bank. He is proud to have been with Great Midwest for 15 years. Great Midwest Bank is a local community bank focused on residential mortgage lending and operates for the benefit of their depositors, borrowers, and communities they serve. The consultative approach used by Great Midwest Bank in the mortgage process helps ensure customers are well-informed and their needs are fit to the right product.
10 Things Matt can’t live without:
1. Family – I’ve been married to my wife Rachel for 13 years. We have 3 children, Reid, Ainsley and Cade.
2. Vassar – Vassar is our dog, a Hungarian Vizsla. Even at 12 years old, she has equal energy to most puppies and keeps us very active. Vizsla’s are known to be “velcro” dogs as they ALWAYS have to be close to you…Vassar is no exception.
3. Wisconsin Sports Teams – Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, Marquette, etc.
4. Competition –Poker, board games, yard games in the summer, my team vs. your team, trivia, just about anything. Being part of successful organizations like the Hartland Chamber of Commerce and Great Midwest Bank, it is always fun to share in group success as well.
5. Learning New Things – I enjoy reading. I am currently reading the Dale Carnegie classic “How to Win Friends and Influence People.”
6. Summertime – Warm weather, lakes, BBQ’s, outdoors with family/friends, golf, watching my kids play sports. My favorite season!
7. Camping – An annual family tradition since I was 8 years old when my parents took my sister and I for the 1st time. We have a small popup camper that our family enjoys taking to different campsites around the state of Wisconsin.
8. Music/Concerts – Rachel and I love going to concerts with our friends. It will be great to have Summerfest back this fall! Kenny Chesney at Miller Park and Eric Church in Indianapolis are 2 dates already booked for 2022.
9. Numbers – That’s why I like working at a bank. Percentages, calculations, ratios, risk assessment. All very fun!
10. Travel – I love Wisconsin and I love being at home in Oconomowoc, but our family loves to travel. Our next adventure will take us to Gatlinburg, TN this summer!