Matt Gaulke is a Vice President and Mortgage Loan Officer(NMLS 296387) with Great Midwest Bank in Hartland. He is proud to have been with Great Midwest for 14 years. Great Midwest Bank is a local community bank focused on residential mortgage lending and operates for the benefit of their depositors, borrowers, and communities they serve. The consultative approach used by Great Midwest Bank in the mortgage process helps ensure customers are well-informed and their needs are fit to the right product.
10 Things I can’t live without
1. Family – I’ve been married to my wife Rachel for 12 years. We have 3 children, Reid(9), Ainsley(7), and Cade(4).
2. Vassar – Vassar is our dog, a Hungarian Vizsla. Even at 11 years old, she has equal energy to most puppies and keeps us very active. Vizsla’s are known to be “velcro” dogs as they ALWAYS have to be close to you…Vassar is no exception.
3. Wisconsin Sports Teams – Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, Marquette, etc.
4. Competition – Competing provides an energy boost for me. Poker, board games, yard games in the summer, my team vs. your team, trivia, just about anything. Being part of successful organizations like the Hartland Chamber of Commerce and Great Midwest Bank, it is always fun to share in group success as well.
5. Learning New Things – I enjoy reading. My current choice is “The 21st Century Card Counter” by Colin Jones. It discusses strategy for a favorite card game of mine…blackjack.
6. Summertime – Warm weather, lakes, BBQ’s, outdoors with family/friends, golf, watching my kids play sports. My favorite season!
7. Camping – An annual family tradition since I was 8 years old when my parents took my sister and I for the 1st time. Rachel and I now take our kids with a large group of family and friends to the Minocqua area every summer.
8. Music/Concerts – At home, we have a Spotify playlist on quite often with a good mix of something for everyone. Rachel and I are anxiously awaiting the rescheduled date for the Kenny Chesney show at Miller Park (was supposed to be 4/25, but postponed due to the virus).
9. Numbers – That’s why I like working at a bank. Percentages, calculations, ratios, risk assessment. All very fun!
10. Travel – I love Wisconsin and I love being at home in Oconomowoc, but our family loves to travel. All of this time off has given our family an opportunity to come up with ideas for a future adventure!