Matt Gaulke is a Vice President and Mortgage Loan Officer (NMLS 296387) with Great Midwest Bank in Hartland. He is proud to have been with Great Midwest for 13 years. Great Midwest Bank is a local community bank focused on residential mortgage lending and operates for the benefit of their depositors, borrowers, and communities they serve. The consultative approach used by Great Midwest Bank in the mortgage process helps ensure customers are well-informed and their needs are fit to the right product.
Matt shared the 10 Things he can’t live without:
1. Family – I’ve been married to my wife Rachel for 11 years. We have 3 children, Reid(8), Ainsley(6), and Cade(will be 3 in February)
2. Vassar – Vassar is our dog, a Hungarian Vizsla. Even at 10 years old, she has equal energy to most puppies and keeps us very active. Vizsla’s are known to be “velcro” dogs as they ALWAYS have to be close to you…Vassar is no exception.
3. Wisconsin Sports Teams – Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, Marquette, etc.
4. Competition – Competing provides an energy boost for me. Poker, board games, yard games in the summer, my team vs. your team, trivia, just about anything. Being part of successful organizations like the Hartland Chamber of Commerce and Great Midwest Bank, it is always fun to share in group success as well.
5. Learning New Things – I enjoy reading. I also recently started learning a 2nd language(Spanish) through Rosetta Stone’s language training.
6. Summertime – Warm weather, lakes, BBQ’s, outdoors with family/friends, golf, watching my kids play sports. My favorite season!
7. Camping – An annual family tradition since I was 8 years old when my parents took my sister and I for the 1st time. Rachel and I now take our kids with a large group of family and friends to the Minocqua area every summer.
8. Music/Concerts – At home, we have a Spotify playlist on quite often with a good mix of something for everyone. The next concert visit for Rachel and I will be to see Eric Church in Minneapolis this February.
9. Numbers – That’s why I like working at a bank. Percentages, calculations, ratios, risk assessment. All very fun!
10. Travel – I love Wisconsin and I love being at home in Oconomowoc, but our family loves to travel. We will be in Florida for Spring Break visiting the in-laws and then heading to the Kentucky Derby in early May to celebrate my birthday (I’ll be 39 years and 12 months old on May 1st ).