About the Chamber of Commerce
A competitive advantage for your business. That is what you will gain as a member of the Hartland Chamber of Commerce. Our programs and services are designed exclusively to help you connect with our network of hundreds of businesses and organizations – the majority of whom are Hartland Chamber members!
The Hartland Chamber of Commerce gives your business important exposure in a world where it can often be very expensive to out-market your competitors. Through networking, marketing opportunities and cross-referrals, you can establish worthy contacts and your business can gain credibility and a presence in the Lake Country community.
- Creates important first impressions that show your business believes in quality, customer service and is engaged in the life of the community. As a member, you will receive a plaque and window decal that we encourage you to place in a prominent place in your business to promote your involvement in the Chamber.
- Provides access to those who may have an interest in your products and services, and creates awareness amongst customers and clients. Our online Chamber Business Directory receives thousands of hits each year and our hardcopy Destination Hartland guide is distributed to 7000 households, as well as area hotels, schools, gas stations and other places of business.
- Expands and supports business-to-business relationships with an array of networking opportunities which are essential to your growth and expansion. Increase your circle of influence in the business community by meeting others at weekly, monthly and annual Chamber functions.
- Offers a multitude of education forums and affordable advertising options. Take advantage of heightening you knowledge by attending Chamber seminars and workshops on topics that will help you grow your business. Our quarterly newsletter is received at 7000 households. Members are encouraged to submit announcements so others can learn more about you. Additional low-cost advertising options are also available.
- Helps you remain connected to the community. As a Chamber member, you will be supporting community events such as the Tri-Chamber Golf Outing, Street Dance, Business Trick or Treat and the Holiday Train.
- Offers an abundance of community and volunteer leadership role opportunities. From volunteering to sell raffle tickets to serving on the Chamber board, there are dozens of opportunities to get as involved in the Chamber and the community as you are comfortable with!
Membership is open to any business or organization interested in increasing their presence in Hartland and the Lake Country area. Please contact our office at (262) 367-7059 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information about our chamber, our members and upcoming chamber/community events.
Fun Fact: Hartland Matters, the Hartland Chamber of Commerce newsletter has received recognition multiple times by a national chamber publication for articles authored by the chamber director.
“My first real volunteer position with the Hartland Chamber was during the annual street dance. Scott Meyers of Battery Products was president of the chamber at that time. He was so welcoming and helpful, thanking me for my efforts and never making me feel like an outsider. Every event that I have worked on since has been like family working together. Being involved with the Chamber for many years now has blessed me with friends, new business opportunities, business connections and a way to give back to the community. If it wasn't for my time with the Chamber, I would not be where I am today. Thank you, Lynn Minturn, executive director, and the entire Chamber for being family.Ann Wallschlager, ownerAW Insurance Agency, LLC 705 Cardinal Lane-Hartland 262-367-8511
“Our business enjoyed hosting a Hartland Chamber of Commerce B.Y.O.C. “Bring Your Own Cards”-Business After Hours. The following day, we had already received a referral from a guest who attended the event! My father, who lives out of town, was in attendance and impressed with the community connections he observed being made during the evening, and is now considering joining his local chamber to take advantage of those types of connections too. We enjoy being a part of the Hartland Chamber of Commerce and would recommend membership to other local businesses.”Elise and Nick Miller, ownersLake Country Bed Barn - Hartland
"During the holidays, a customer came to our store and purchased a piano. During an ensuing conversation, they mentioned they had been in our store only one other time. Curious, I asked how they heard about us. Though they had lived in the area for some time, they admitted they did not know about Hartland Music until they attended a Hartland Chamber of Commerce 20/20 Networking session held here where everyone learned to play the ukulele in 20 minutes! They had a great time and months later, as they thought through their gift wish list, our store came to mind which eventually led to a nice sale for us and a satisfied customer who can now talk first-hand about our center."
"We have been members of the Hartland Chamber for over 34 years and, without question, we continue to benefit from that membership. Thank you, Lynn Minturn - Executive Director with the Hartland Chamber of Commerce, for your constant work to coordinate new opportunities that bring business and community together. The Hartland Chamber programs allow folks to interact and make contacts but with a fun, unique twist on the old standards. We look forward to our continued partnership!"Ellen McDonaldOwner—Hartland Music Center
"During last year’s deliveries and with just 24 hours left and counting, Santa didn’t have transportation for the Hartland Tree Lighting. With his reindeer resting up for the big day, his sleigh was out of commission. Santa tried his best to resolve the situation but fearing he would disappoint the little girls and boys, he frantically called the Hartland Chamber out of desperation when other plans had fallen through. Within 10 minutes and help from the Ewald Automotive Group, problem solved and Santa found a snazzy little vehicle to carry him on his journey. Santa says, “If you need anything done in town, just call the Hartland Chamber!” (And, we all know that Santa never lies!)"Dan “Santa” BirdAlliance Counseling Center
"When Costco was looking to join another chamber in our area, we were impressed with how organized the Hartland Chamber and staff were. Everything was laid out for us in their new chamber member packet showing exactly what we received for our membership fee."Laurie Knopp Marketing Manager—Costco
"I have always said I get more out of the chambers I belong to than I give." "At my first official board meeting with the Hartland Chamber, I basically just listened as I am learning where I can be most helpful. However, I talked to Jim Cullen from Wind Power Marketing for five minutes after the meeting about a decision I have been struggling with on my websites. He gave me some advice that made the decision not only easy, but will probably save me several hundred dollars a month." "Not bad meeting for me and a great, unexpected connection made because of my involvement with the Chamber!"Karl ScheifeOwner—Competitor Awards & Engraving